40 Vastu Shastra Tips for Home- For Better Life & Prosperity
Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian Science of Architecture. While we all have heard about Vastu Shastra but most of us are not fully aware of what it is exactly is and why is it important?
Vastu Shastra literally translates to the science of architecture, and it describes the principles of design, layout, measurement, ground preparation, space arrangement, and spatial geometry.
Why Is Vastu Shastra Important?
Vastu Shastra explains that all things in the universe have a level of energy and that every building or land has a vibration of energy associated with it. The universe is built of positive and negative energy. Vastu aims at eliminating the negative energy and enhancing the positive energy.
There are various benefits of following Vastu Shastra like:
· Helps with Financial Prosperity
· Career Stability
· Academic Growth
· Improving Relationships
· Helps in maintaining good physical & mental health
And there is much more which can be achieved with the help of Vastu.
Elements & It’s Dominant Directions
As per Vastu, the universe is made of 5 elements namely Earth, Air, Space, Fire, and Water. It says that the balance of these elements is very important for attracting positivity at home. Every element has a dominant direction as follow:
· Earth- Prithvi: It is known for providing stability and patience. It dominates the center and diagonal directions in every corner.
· Air- Vayu: Known for bringing the element of fun and happiness in life, it dominates the East.
· Space- Akasha: It represents cognitive energy & mental space. Space is responsible for all form of social energies, and it dominates west.
· Fire- Agni: The energy of fire represents confidence, money, and success. It dominates the South.
· Water- Jal: Water is one of the major supporting elements of human life. Hence it is associated with immunity & health. It dominates the North.
Vastu Tips for Financial Prosperity at Home:
Many make Vastu sound really complicated and difficult to follow. Whereas, it is really easy and simple to follow. Here are a few simple Vastu tips you can follow at home effortlessly:
· Since the Main door is the entry for the energies in the house, keep it clean and decorated for attracting wealth.
· The colour purple represents wealth, hence painting the walls of the house purple would be beneficial. If repainting the walls is difficult, you could keep a money plant in a purple coloured pot as a substitute.
· The cash locker or almirah where you keep the cash should be kept in the South or South-West wall of the house, so it opens up to the North of the house.
· Placing a mirror right in front of the cash locker is another way to attract wealth. It symbolizes that your money is doubled up!
· Keeping water bodies in the North-Eastern part of your house symbolizes the flow of constructive energy. You could place a water body like a small fountain, water garden or some other water body show-piece.
· To avoid financial loses, make sure you repair leaky faucets, taps or any faulty plumbing.
· Another very simple remedy for attracting money in Vastu is having a bird feeder in the North Western part of the house.
· Fishes help purifying the home and having an aquarium in the North-Eastern part of the house will be beneficial, and make sure you keep the aquarium aerated & clean.
· Maintain a free flow of air in the house & for a better flow of wealth, wind chimes on the entrances ensure the cash flow.
· For financial gains, placing Goddess Laxmi’s picture or idol near the entrance is beneficial.
· A very common Vastu belief is that keeping a flute in the house keeps away financial troubles. If you’re facing troubles with your education or career, hanging 2 flutes will be beneficial.
Vastu Tips for Academic Growth
· For better concentration, place the study table on the East or North of the room.
· Keep space between the wall and the study table to ensure the flow of energy.
· The study room should not be below the bathroom or the beam.
· The bookshelf should be placed in the East, North or North East. Make sure there is no reflection of the books in the mirror as that increases the pressure of studies.
· A well-lit lamp on the South-East corner of the study table will energize the luck in education.
Vastu Tips for Good Health
· Make sure you sleep with your head towards the South for a sound sleep.
· The center of the house should always be left empty or with very light furniture. This ensures the free flow of energy without any restriction.
· Imbalance of fire element causes sickness in the house. So, to balance it, the best place for a fire element like candle, diya or fireplace, is Southeast or Northwest direction of the house.
· Avoid placing mirrors opposite to the bed as mirrors reflecting a sleeping person creates a problem of energy drain, causing sickness.
· Make sure that your bathroom energy and kitchen energy does not mix up. If they are opposite to each other, make sure the doors are always closed.
· If someone in the house is unwell, keeping a burning candle in the room would help them recover faster.
· For good health, keep your face towards North-East or East while drinking water.
· Growing citrus fruit plants and keeping them at the entrance of the house invites good health into the house
· To ensure good health, place Lord Hanuman’s picture facing towards the south of the house as he is the protector of our health.
Vastu Tips for Improving Family Relationships
· Place happy pictures of your family in the Northeast of your house to bring happiness in your life.
· If the relationship among the family members in the house are tensed in any sense, placing a white sandalwood statue at a place where you can view it multiple times passing by it, will help ease the tension.
· Sandalwood Statue will create a harmonious relationship among the family member of the house.
· If there is a dispute among the male members of the family, keep a small branch of Kadamba tree at home to ease the tension.
· If there is a dispute among the female members of the family, try not to wear red clothes at the same time or on the same occasion.
· Do not put up pictures depicting violence in the house as that attracts negative energy.
· To minimize fights & trouble between family members, place a wind chime with crystals in the bedroom.
Some General Vastu Tips to Follow At Home
· Always keep the corners of the house bright as they are powerful sources of energy.
· Clear Cobwebs as soon as you discover them as they hinder the financial growth of the family members.
· Place a Tulsi plant in the North East direction of the house to transform the negative to the positive energy in the house.
· Do not place a cactus inside the house as it is considered as a negative plant which affects health & relationships of the members living in the house.
· Avoid a spiral staircase in the house as that invites negative energy in the house.
· If you’re having trouble with finding a job, place a Lord Kubera Idol in the North direction of the house.
· Lord Ganesha idol facing towards the entrance of the house ensures optimistic results in life.
· Remove any non-working clocks in the house.
Credit: Fern and Petal
61 total views, 1 views today